3.16.2011

Of Metal and Bone

With the aforementioned fervor I spoke of, I dug this model out of the bin and started in on it again. It had been a year since I touched it. I find it funny that I can sequentially trace my work back by simply looking at how I've improved since I began detailing on this model. I'm so much better now that I find myself re-doing pieces just to get them up to speed with the rest of my new work.

Still slugging away a piece at a time. I feel like I'm going slowly, and I tend to get an hour or two at night to work, sometimes more when I get my second wind. That said, I knew going into this that I wanted to go for hyper detail, and there is certainly a lot going on here. Having a great deal of fun though, and that's what matters most:

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I like how you are able to realize improvement in your work through the progress done on this creature. You've come a long way from drawing poop in the 2nd. grade (smile). Don't you wish your teacher could see you now?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that was in the 1st grade; I'll never forget that look on Mrs. Klemish's face. :)

    ReplyDelete